Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists and sonographers use the latest equipment to monitor your baby’s growth and well being. Our doctors manage high risk pregnancies and most pregnancy complications, including: multiple pregnancies, maternal medical diseases, placental abnormalities, fetal anomalies, genetic disorders, and infectious diseases.
Some of the services we provide include:
- Obstetric Ultrasounds: this ultrasound can help your perinatologist to evaluate your baby’s development. We also have the latest technology in medically indicated 3-D and 4-D ultrasounds.
- Fetal Echocardiography: this study allows your doctor to see the structure and function of your baby’s heart.
- Biophysical Profile: this study helps your physicians to evaluate your baby’s heartbeat while the baby is resting and moving. Also our sonographers will use an ultrasound machine to look at your baby’s movement, amniotic fluid and breathing motion. Biophysical Profile test, helps to evaluate the baby growth when the mother’s health has been affected by diabetes, high blood pressure, slow growth of the baby, too much or too little fluid around the baby.
- Non-Stress test: mothers and babies who need special medical care and extra attention may need a nonstress test (NST). An NST is a simple procedure to monitor how your baby hearts is functioning during movement.
Amniocentesis: is a procedure performed to obtain genetic information abouta developing fetus by collecting a sample of amniotic fluid. The cells found in the amniotic fluid can tell if certain genetic conditions are present in the baby.
Nuchal Translucency Screening: this study is done during the first trimester and uses ultrasound to asses the risk of fetal Down syndrome or other chromosomes abnormalities in the fetus.
- Doppler Flow Study: uses high-frequency sound waves to measure the amount of blood flow through in arteries and veins. This test will tell your perinatologists about the blood flow in your baby’s body.
- Periumbilical Blood Sampling: is the collecting of fetal blood directly from the umbilical cord or fetus to test for blood problems.
- Utero Fetal Blood Transfusion