MATERNAL FETAL MEDICINE CLINIC OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic of Central Florida, specializes in caring for women with the most advanced treatments and diagnosis for high risk pregnancy. We work closely with your obstetrician to ensure the best outcome during and after the pregnancy.
We understand that pregnancy can be a very emotional and stressful time for most families. We have the knowledge and resources to help you, whether you have a medical problem, or suspect problems with the pregnancy or baby. Some of the conditions we treat patients for in our clinic are:
- Have a medical condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, autoimmune disease or other.
- Have a history of complications during pregnancy such as, premature delivery, miscarriage, preeclampsia or gestational diabetes.
- Have a family history of genetic disorder.
- Are 35 years of age or older by the time of delivery.
- Have multiple gestation.
- Have a suspected problem during the pregnancy or baby.
This study allows your doctor to see the structure and function of your baby’s heart.
mothers and babies who need special medical care and extra attention may need a nonstress
Amniocentesis is a procedure performed to obtain genetic information about a developing
Periumbilical Blood Sampling
Periumbilical Blood Sampling: is the collecting of fetal blood directly from the umbilical
Dr. Thomas Myles, M.D.
Perinatologist in Central Florida
Dr. Thomas Myles, completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, at Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois in 1990. Fellowship in 1992 in Maternal- Fetal Medicine at Rush-Presbyterian-St Luke’s Medical Center. He has been in academic Medicine for over 25 years, most recently as a tenured professor in the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at St Louis University in Missouri. Dr. Myles was also the director of Perinatal Ultrasound for Saint Louis University Ob-Gyn department. Dr. Myles has been named one of the top Ob-Gyn physicians in the United States since 2006 by the St. Louis Magazine. Dr. Myles has authored over 50 peer review publications and book chapters in Maternal Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics.
Dr. Myles is now living in Central Florida with his family, and has privileges in the Osceola Regional Hospital in Kissimmee.
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology(1987 to present)
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (2000 to present)
- Central Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (2000 to present)
- International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (1998 to present)
- The Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine (1990 to present)
- Excellence in Teaching Award; Association Professors in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Named as the Top Doctor in America by both the Consumers’ Research Council of America and Best Docs Inc. since 2003.
- Feature as Top Doctor by St. Louis Magazine for over ten years.
- Author for over 50 publications in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Ob-Gyn.
We Accept All Major Insurances – Including:
Staywell, Molina, Prestige, Simply, Integral, Amerigroup, Sunshine, Florida True Blue, United Health, Aetna, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, AvMed, Humana, Cigna, Florida Hospital, Magelian Wellcare, Careplus, Freedom, Better Health, Tricare, Champ VA, GHI, Medicare and Medicaid.